She studied fashion at the Meisterschule für Mode in Hamburg. Worked as a modern editor for numerous magazines and photography editor at Seventeen Magazine in New York. She was a fashion manager at the magazine Freundin and PR consultant of a big fashion company. In 1992 she founded the FotoFactory, an agency for photographers, in Munich. Since 2009 she has been a curator of various exhibitions, like the 'SHOEting stars' at the KunstHausWien. As co-curator, she worked on retrospectives of the artists Lillian Bassman/Paul Himmel, Saul Leiter, Ute Mahler, Werner Mahler and Sarah Moon at the House of the Photographie, Deichtorhallen in Hamburg and was co-editor of the respective exhibition catalogs, of which Bassman/Himmel and Saul Leiter were awarded the photobook prize in gold and silver.
Passionate shoe collector and founder of the Virtual Shoe Museum. Based on this online collection Snook creates, (co)curates and organizes various exhibitions
on the topic of shoes, in art and design, around the worldwide. Such as in the Grassi Museum, Leipzig and the Villa Rot, Ulm (Germany), KunstHausWien, Vienna and Stadtgallerie, Klagenfurt (Austria), Spielzeug Welten Museum, Basel (Switzerland), Dutch Design Week (the Netherlands) and various Malls (UAE & Qatar).
In addition to her work as a collector and curator, Snook scouts shoe talents, judges and gives lectures at design schools.
HIGH HEELS Shoe Facts
• More than 90 shoes are on show in the exhibition, from wearable to creative experimental.
• There are more than 80 international exhibits.
• You can view the 'Footnotes' installations by Anna Vasof and the race cars by Xavier G-Solís.
• Amongs the exhibitors is fashion designer Kermit Tesoro, who has designed sensational shoe creations for Lady Gaga.
• The shoes are accompanied by pictures by the photographers Volker Hinz, Christin Losta and Olaf Martens, who give an insight 'behind the scenery of the fashion and shoe world.
• In the baroque museum park you will find four wooden sculpture shoe - pairs by artist Karen Lakar, produced by Peter Wojtkowiak from Borstendorf.
• During your walk in the park you will also find the oversized air figures of Air Promotion.
Every thursday all the ladies (and men) who wear Hig