Shoemaking Courses Online
Monday, November 18, 2013 This autumn a new and one of a kind online platform was launched, called Shoemaking Courses Online. This is an exclusive source and website that offers its members shoemaking lessons online. The courses are hosted by Sveta Kletina, footwear and accessories designer with a passion to create and share her knowledge.
Sveta Kletina 'Making Shoes' blog, where she teaches and creates shoemaking guides and tutorials, has followers all over the world and that is where it's all started. Many of them are from Africa, Asia and South America. People that don't have the opportunity to go to school, but who want and need to learn this craft. Learning shoemaking online is possible like any other online learning program for the past 10 years and 'Making Shoes' followers proved that, creating various shoe types following Sveta Kletina's guides and digital books. Starting this platform was her answer to the absence of shoemaking knowledge online.
There are many shoemaking classes that you can take in London or New York and many experienced shoemakers will teach you everything you need to know, but what do you do if you don't live in one of those cities or if you can't spend 800-1000 dollars for a shoemaking course? Shoemaking courses online offers two levels of courses, for beginners and advanced users. And the beauty about this is, that all members have access to both levels, so you can learn in your own pace and move on to the next stage when you feel ready. The courses are divided into weekly lessons with home assignments and they are available to members anytime.
Here is a sneak peak of courses for beginners and advanced users:
Beginners courses (introduction to shoemaking)
1. Full course of making ballerina shoes: drawing on the last, making upper pattern and lining, cut leather pattern, skiving, sewing, making a counter and toe puff, lasting, attaching the sole and heel.
2. Full course of Pumps with high heel: drawing on the last, making upper pattern and lining, cut leather pattern, skiving, sewing, making a counter and toe puff, lasting, attaching the sole and heel.
3. Full course of making Oxford Shoes.
4. Full course of making Derby shoes.
1. Create a shoe sole in a clean and easy way like a footwear factory does.
2. 'Opanca sole' - Making one of the most beautiful and famous Italian shoe soles.
3. Create comfortable midsole, applying different variations of covers.
4. Constructing handmade heels.
5. Full straps sandal course: design, drawing on the last, pattern, skiving, sewing and lasting.
6. All about last: types of last, their characteristics, right measurements.
7. Two reversible ways to change your last form, to fit your design.
8. Full ankle boot course: design , drawing on the last, pattern, skiving, sewing and lasting.
9. Constructing shoe platform for any type of shoes without changing your last: constructing platform, sole and cover.
10. Full 'Sabo' shoes course: design , drawing on the last, pattern, skiving , sewing, lasting, attaching a platform sole.
11. Create custom-made last with molding system.
12. Learn technical footwear design: applying correctly from the last, shoes proportions, measurements.
13. Advanced technique for basic pattern and applying it to multiply patterns.
14. Flexible Loafer pattern with hidden elastic band (100% fit).
The membership for the shoemaking courses online is 30 Euro per month with 8-12 lessons to all members. Joining forces with Italian manufactures, the platform offers her members shoemakers tools and supplies in insanely low prices that you can't get in anywhere else on the web, the members discount reach up to 50% off for most of the items. Thanks to this collaboration, members can benefit not just from the online courses but to get fully equipped as well.